Check your knowledge of Memorial Day with these questions. To see the answer,
simply click on the "Answer" link below the question.
1) What is Memorial Day?
US Federal holiday that honors soldiers who have died in war.
2) When is Memorial Day observed?
Memorial Day is observed on the last Monday of May.
3) What was Memorial Day's former name?
Memorial Day's former name was Decoration Day.
4) When was Memorial Day first observed?
Memorial Day was first observed May 5, 1866
5) Do you flag on half staff on Memorial Day?
On Memorial day you should flag at half-Staff until noon and then full-staff for the rest of the day.
6) What famous sports events can you see on Memorial Day weekends?
Memorial Weekend sports events includes Indianapolis 500, Coca-Cola 600 and The Memorial Tournament golf.
7) How many men and woman have lost their lives fighting for America?
More than 1000,000 people have lost their lives for our country.
8) When was Memorial Day declared a Federal Holiday?
Memorial Day was declared a Federal Holiday in 1971.
9) How should you observe Memorial Day?
You should observe Memorial Day by visiting cemeteries or memorials and remember the people who fought for our freedom.
10) How do many people observer Memorial Day?
Many people observe Memorial day by shopping, visiting family, sending up fireworks, and watching